× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 downgraded to .32. white list in geofilter not working

RetroHead
Tutor

xr500 downgraded to .32. white list in geofilter not working

I just purchased an Xr500 3 days ago and began having the issue others here have mentioned of my gaming console appearing as offline, not appearing in traffic monitor ect.. after coming here and browsing other simillar posts i downgraded to firmware .32 as has been suggested as a fix. however, while that did fix the offline device issue, i now have the problem of whitelisted devices not connecting in the geo-filter feature. this means that i can no longer whitelist the authentication server which is outside my geofence, this feature was working before i downgraded. as you can imagine, this is pretty frustrating as it seems i must decide between connecting to local servers or having functioning qos. any help or advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure I understand, any required whitelisted servers should be in the cloud already. What is the game you're trying to play?
Message 2 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

i have fixed my issue by reinstalling the latest firmware again, but to answer your question i play halo: the master chief collection. matchmaking will search forever without finding players unless i white list the server that appears near the netherlands.

Message 3 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

i spoke too soon, i thought i had fixed my issue, but my console is now appearing offline again and no longer showing under the network monitor tab. 

Message 4 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The offline issue is present on the latest firmware so downgrading is the only workaround at the moment or a reboot will fix it for a little while. You should only have to whitelist once are you having to whitelist it every single time?
Message 5 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

when i downgraded, whitelisted servers remained blocked and would not allow my console to connect.

Message 6 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There was a stage at which that was how it worked and then we changed that so I think unfortunately you're kind of stuck between the two firmwares as to what you want. There isn't really anything I can suggest, the offline issue we're aware of and so will fix. If you could provide us with the IDs of the servers you're whitelisting then we can do a cloud update then you won't have that issue on the .32 firmware anymore.
Message 7 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

that would be fantastic, thank you for your help. the server id that needs to be whitelisted is: 9368b47f0532292e

Message 8 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great thank you for that. I've passed it onto the team to be whitelisted, we do cloud updates quite regularly but I can't give you an estimate as to when that may be done.
Message 9 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

heres a screenshot of the server information in geofilter.

Message 10 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

excellent, no problem. i will just periodically reboot the latest firmware until the cloud gets updated. thanks again.

Message 11 of 13
RetroHead
Tutor

the huge update that released today for halo: MCC has changed the authentication server.

here is the new current server id...

c428bc87c5636c71 

Message 12 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you, I've submitted this to the team. If you find anymore please submit them to the form here so that gets directly to the person in charge of the cloud https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28284-geo-filter-server-location-improvements/
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7