× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 duma os 3.0 considerable low speeds

Iamcity
Tutor

xr500 duma os 3.0 considerable low speeds

Ever since i updated my xr500 to duma 3.0 beta i'v been getting low speeds with wired connection. i have a laptop and my xbox one connected via wired. I have spectrum and have the 1gb download and 40 upload speed. i use to averge around 500 to 600 mbps in speed test and 305 mbps wireless. Ive had a technician come to my home and check the line that is coming into my house and everything checked out. He even showed me the test he was getting on his device. Now on my router ever since i downloaded 3.0 beta i only get 290 mbps download and 10 to 20 mbps upload speed.  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 duma os 3.0 considerable low speeds

If it is a specific issue with the beta then please post in the beta section. Before doing that try disabling QoS completely from the Congestion Control 3 line option menu in the top left of the panel and see if speeds are restored.
Message 2 of 4
Iamcity
Tutor

So it worked when i disabled QOS. So why do i have to disable that for my speeds to be correctly? Second, when i disable Qos why does it keep enabling itself? So my download speed went back up but my upload speed is not right.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Likely because the QoS settings you had enabled were restricting the speeds, what were your QoS settings?
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7