× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 ipv6 and speed issues

ghostoflight7
Aspirant

xr500 ipv6 and speed issues

my wifi runs terribly now, i started using cat5e and its only gotten worse. my xbox wont even work being hardwired with cat5e and i dont know what i should do.. if theres any settings i need to make specific it would help me a lot.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: xr500 ipv6 and speed issues

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you be more specific please. What speeds do you pay for? What do you get through WiFi? Your Xbox doesn't get a connection at all through a wired connection? - Have you tried using a different ethernet cable?
Message 3 of 5
ghostoflight7
Aspirant

I pay for 400MBs and I get about 180 through WiFi, I can’t use CAT5e cables but I can use an ordinary Ethernet. I was hoping to figure out how to make the CAT5e cable work because they are way more effective.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make sure you've input your expected speeds into Anti-Bufferbloats options. Then disable Smart Connect and use the 5GHz WiFi and you should get higher speeds. There is no different setup or anything you need to do using a different ethernet cable so it sounds like the Cat5e cables you have are faulty so would suggest get them replaced and your wired connection should work then.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7