× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 laggy internet pauses

Billybudz420
Apprentice

xr500 laggy internet pauses

I've got terrible issues with wifi amd wored devices. I get horrible lag and brief pauses in my connection. Devices literally take min to load a page but speed test all are bout 17ms.....I'm on the lastest firmware and qos turned off still not working correctly. I mean just to load this page had to use cell data...... this is on all devices I have gig speed from Comcast...... also... bout 15 devices online Comcast switched the modem replaced the lines and still some ol **bleep**😒
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What are the internet speeds you pay for? What is your exact physical setup? E.g. Comcast modem/router (devices connected to WiFi) > XR500 (other devices connected). Are you using Smart Connect for WiFi?
Message 2 of 9
Billybudz420
Apprentice

I have a gateway in bridge modem connected to the router... the speed are supposed to be 1000 down and 35 up. I'm getting close to 700/40 on wifi but not sure whats causing the lag.... xbox is unplayable a lot even tho servers are 25ms.When I playing games every thing doesn't work my nest cams go offline, xbox lags, greif pauses in the connection. I reboot and it works for awhile then goes back to being 💩 I turned off qos and not using the geo filter
Message 3 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

If pages take a long time to load, try manually setting the DNS server on your router to 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4

In traffic priorization, add your gaming device as a games console. This will only if QoS isn't disabled.

Connect your games console via ethernet if your nest cams use wifi. You might be congesting the wifi network which is acting as a bottleneck.

Message 4 of 9
Billybudz420
Apprentice

This didn't help..... even with qos off playing Xbox makes all other device disconnect until im done playing a game. I did what you said and still the same. I watched all of my google nest cams there's 5 of them go online then watch them go back online after stopping gaming.
Message 5 of 9
Billybudz420
Apprentice

Here's another issue. I'm usong Xfinity gig service but cant access any Xfinity apps/services all of them say logged in but cant account until I use cellular data. I spoke with comcast numerous times and they say it's all good on their end even after coming to the house a few times. All my issues disappear a bit after rebooting. The router blocking stuff?
Message 6 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Possibly. It might be that there are ports that aren't making their way through correctly. UPnP should do this but it sounds like it's not.

Is this problem occuring with the TP-Link bridged or not bridged? If it's not bridges, putting the XR300 into the DMZ might be required to get this working.

Message 7 of 9
Billybudz420
Apprentice

I have the xr500 connected to a Xfinity gateway which is in bridge mode.
Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you set any manual settings for the Xbox network settings at all? If so set them to Automatic. Seems strange its when this specific device is in use. Have you tried a factory reset and then after going through the setup wizard leaving everything on the default settings and seeing if it's still an issue?
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7