× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 limiting my internet with QOS disabled.

Cheetoz
Tutor

xr500 limiting my internet with QOS disabled.

Hello all, 

I have read some of the articles on the forums but none seems to have the same situation as I am, I have a 400mbps internet speed but I don't get that speed whenever I am connected to my XR500 I am only getting an average speed of 94mbps download and i get my full 20mbps upload and when I connect directly to my Motorola SB8200 modem I get my full 400mbps internet speed, I have disabled the QOS, reboot my router, and I still get the same speed when I am connected to my XR500, can somebody point me out if I am doing something wrong?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Cheetoz
Tutor

Update! I used my old RTN66U router, and its giving me 400mbps, could it be a faulty router? or its just my settings on my nighthawk? The first time I setup the nighthawk it wasn't like this and all of a sudden its acting up?!?!?!

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you disabled the QoS? You should disable it from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line menu. Also how are you doing the Speedtest, via Ethernet?
Message 3 of 5
Cheetoz
Tutor

Through Anti-bufferbloat as you stated, I just bought another Modem that actually spectrum supports, I took the risk activating the SB8200 it worked for a few days but I believe there is some glitch going on with it since the modem is not under their supported modems yet, so now I bought the Netgear CM1000v2 and I am back at 400mbps even with QOS activated.

Thank you for your reply!
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks for the update!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7