× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 netgear QoS traffic prioritization

crmontoy1
Apprentice

xr500 netgear QoS traffic prioritization

i got a question!! i want to know what happen if i check this box....(apply to WAN)???

2022-03-08.pngwhat is the funtionality of this? i play PS5

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The way it's currently configured is fine, assuming you're not having any NAT issues etc.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Apply to WAN appends the same priority tags to your game traffic as it leaves the WAN interface. It's hard to know whether it will prioritised by the upstream router/ISP equipment, but there's no harm in doing it.

Message 2 of 7
crmontoy1
Apprentice

Thks for your answer but what can u suggest me? Check the box or not? Im curious with that box i dont know the funcionality if will be helpful or not?
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We recommend enabling it, if it works you'll see a benefit, if it doesn't it won't cause any negative affects.
Message 4 of 7
crmontoy1
Apprentice

thks u so much i appreciate it !!!! now i got other doubt i need to know which box i need to check right here.... i want the best advice that you can give me i play FIFA in Ps5 i have many year trying to setup the router ,,,,, cause fifa is a real pain the axx with the connection ....

2022-03-09.png

Message 5 of 7
crmontoy1
Apprentice

thks u so much i appreciate it !!!! now i got other doubt i need to know which box i need to check right here.... i want the best advice that you can give me i play FIFA in Ps5 i have many year trying to setup the router ,,,,, cause fifa is a real pain the axx with the connection ...

2022-03-09.png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The way it's currently configured is fine, assuming you're not having any NAT issues etc.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7