× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 not showing moca 2.0 devices

jordy787
Guide

xr500 not showing moca 2.0 devices

I have a xr500 and Just setup moca 2.0. I am using a linksys lgs105 unmanaged switch so I can connect my xbox and pc through moca.. anyways they dont appear to be displaying under devices on the router so I am unable to setup QoS and bufferbloat., any ideas?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
jordy787
Guide

I got it to work, I did not know I have to plug the moca ethernet into a specific port (port 5) on my unmanaged switch. All devices are showing after doing that. Sorry about that

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Do they show up if directly conneced via LAN cable to the XR router? 

Message 2 of 12
jordy787
Guide

Yes, they do. I did notice they show up now but its under offline, my pc doesnt show a ip under device manager but my xbox does(router page). Do I need a managed switch for it to properly display and to configure with QoS?

Message 3 of 12
schumaku
Guru

That would be a subject for @Netduma_Jack @Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Luke - technically the MoCa 2.0 is just yet another Ethernet bridge, the MAC addresses become visible to the router either already from the DHCP process, or at least once the router resp. the Internet is accessed. If they have access but don't show up - I would name this Voodoo.

No, a managed switch does unlikely help to make the devices visible. But here again, it would be interesting to hear what the Netduma geeks state about multiple devices connected over a switch to the DumaOS router.

Message 4 of 12
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

It makes sense the switch does not show on your device manager, but the devices connected to it should show as online (when they're online of course).

Are you getting Internet through each of them?

Message 5 of 12
jordy787
Guide

They do have access to the internet and work fine but just cannot configure anything since it says offline

Message 6 of 12
jordy787
Guide

Yeah I am getting internet through them and they work great. Just under the network map they are under the offline category

Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What firmware version are you on? Did it work at all on DumaOS?
Message 8 of 12
jordy787
Guide

I got it to work, I did not know I have to plug the moca ethernet into a specific port (port 5) on my unmanaged switch. All devices are showing after doing that. Sorry about that

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch?

@jordy787 wrote:

Message 10 of 12
jordy787
Guide

linksys lgs105. I had to plug my moca ethernet to port 5 and all other devices go to port 1-4.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I would look at the user manual for the switch to see why port 5 is specifc for this. I presume it maybe the IN/OUT data traffic handling of some kind that port 5 does over the other ports. Glad it's working though.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@jordy787 wrote:

linksys lgs105. I had to plug my moca ethernet to port 5 and all other devices go to port 1-4.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7