× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 qos

jebrown1979
Guide

xr500 qos

hi i am still new and learning all this stuff about this router now to get an accurate read for qos do i stick in my expected speeds from my isp or do i run several speedtests to get more of an accurate reading. Also i have when high traffic is detected selected now my home is a smart home with like 18 things or more connected to the router they may not all be using the net at the same time so would it be best on "always" or just leave it on when high traffic detected. and one last thing sorry for being a nuicance , how much bandwith do i give my ps4 on the flower upload and download not sure if its getting enough or not enough. i have also got my ps4 on trafficprioritization and on geo filter with duma classified games ticked. just i am experiencing some games not been so responsive . thank you in adavance

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 qos

Firstly I would recommend reading our optimal settings guides and that will allow you to get a handle on how the router works: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

It would be better to do tests direct from the modem when nothing is using the internet and use the average results you get from that. That's really down to you, if when not gaming devices still cause you to have buffering etc when streaming/watching videos online then choose always, otherwise when high priority traffic detected should be fine. No need to allocate bandwidth as it should get enough without doing that. If you read through the guides that should get you optimally setup.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7