× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 question

leob77
Aspirant

xr500 question

Do I have to disable my modems wifi? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: xr500 question

For what? 

What are you trying to do? 

If you're using the modem's (probably a combo device) wifi, you should have put the xr500 into the modem's DMZ if you want to continue to use it. 

If that's not what you mean, a little more detail on what you're attempting and what issues you're running into would be beneficial. 

Message 2 of 7
leob77
Aspirant

Every device seems to work fine with the xr500 wifi execpt for my brothers pc which seems to connect to the original modem via wifi perfectly fine but on the xr500 he gets no internet with a wifi ip configuation is invalid error 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

do you have the XR500's IP address set in the att devices DMZ?

Message 4 of 7
leob77
Aspirant

I set it on ip passtrough DHCPS-fixed. The xr500 wifi is not working on only 1 device 

Message 5 of 7
leob77
Aspirant

I fixed it. I diagnosed the wifi card connected to the pc and it said the dhcp was disabled so windows fixed it itself. If i disable the modem wifi will i get faster wifi speeds with the xr500?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Not necessarily. Just make sure the 2 wifi's are on different channels to prevent interference. 

You want to make sure the XR500's IP address is in your router's DMZ. That'll allow you the fastest ping times. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7