× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 seems to have more issues than not using it please help

FURRYe38
Guru

You incorrectly mis-interpret my response. 

Message 26 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this the modem you have? 

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/modem-routers/virgin-media-super-hub-2...

Just curious. 

If the modem is in modem modem, can you try setting the modem back to router mode and place the XR routers IP address it gets from the modem into the modems DMZ and check speeds...

@dizzyx wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

the router is in modem mode i have called my isp and after alot of prodding and stuff i have managed to get an engineer to downgrade me to the superhub 2.0 since the puma 6 chip is unstable so hopefully this works if not i have no idea where to start since i have followed youtube videos and everything just to have the same outcome so i came here just to see if anyone has knowledge and see what im doing wrong and why im not getting the awesome results everyone else is having 

Message 27 of 33
dizzyx
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/modem-routers/virgin-media-super-hub-2...

Just curious. 

If the modem is in modem modem, can you try setting the modem back to router mode and place the XR routers IP address it gets from the modem into the modems DMZ and check speeds...

@dizzyx wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

the router is in modem mode i have called my isp and after alot of prodding and stuff i have managed to get an engineer to downgrade me to the superhub 2.0 since the puma 6 chip is unstable so hopefully this works if not i have no idea where to start since i have followed youtube videos and everything just to have the same outcome so i came here just to see if anyone has knowledge and see what im doing wrong and why im not getting the awesome results everyone else is having 

the engineer came and installed that today to eliminate the puma 6 chip seems to be going well just need to find a way to lower ping and buffer bloat now since 70%/70% dosnt seem to be optimal and not sure about good settings heres a look i have no idea what im doing i know ppl say dont use this 

be711b02e9f756a41d27f98aedae46da.png

Message 28 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Try 99% first off...

@dizzyx wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Just curious. 

@dizzyx wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,

the engineer came and installed that today to eliminate the puma 6 chip seems to be going well just need to find a way to lower ping and buffer bloat now since 70%/70% dosnt seem to be optimal and not sure about good settings heres a look i have no idea what im doing i know ppl say dont use this 

be711b02e9f756a41d27f98aedae46da.png

Message 29 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

What bandwidth speeds do you have? 70%/70% is just a starting point, you can go up and down depending on your preference. I recommend following this guide initially:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-...

Message 30 of 33
dizzyx
Aspirant

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

What bandwidth speeds do you have? 70%/70% is just a starting point, you can go up and down depending on your preference. I recommend following this guide initially:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-...

221mb down 12.16mb up 

and been going down in 10's and 5's and stuff and cant get it right best i can get is

46%/70%

988b5fe9c3e4b7907458ff43649c728e.png

Message 31 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

If you're getting a Bufferbloat rating of A then it looks it's great. See this thread about why you won't hit A+: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24212-getting-an-a-but-not-an-a-on-dslreports/

Message 32 of 33
dizzyx
Aspirant

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

If you're getting a Bufferbloat rating of A then it looks it's great. See this thread about why you won't hit A+: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24212-getting-an-a-but-not-an-a-on-dslreports/

this is 46%/70% i played call of duty bo4 with ping plotter pinging bbc.co.uk and connected to a dedi in game in germany or something at 30 ping with my new downgraded superhub 2.0 downgraded from the 3.0 im unsure if its the best i can get but seems to be an improvement but tbh i have no idea what im doing im just sliding them up and down by 1% because couldnt get it good with 70%/70% or going down in 10% or 5%'s

maybe fixed.png

like but the ping is crazy rediculous on dsl reports 

bblag.png

i cant seem to get them good

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7