× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 xbox disconected

crj83
Aspirant

xr500 xbox disconected

Hello i got the xr500 last week and everday i have to reboot the router as for some reason when i get up in the morning my xbox one won't conect to the internet i am only having the problem with the xbox what is wired to the router the upstairs xbox does not have a problem nor any of the laptop or ipads have given the xbox a static ip and done the nat ports and still have the problem any help much appreciated

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi crj83, is the Xbox connected wireless or wired? It sounds like an issue with the Xbox honestly considering every other device is fine including another Xbox. If wired try wireless does it have the same issue? If wireless try wired, does it have the same issue?

Have you set on the console itself to have automatic network settings?
Message 2 of 26
XRaptor29
Luminary

I have two Xbox Ones hard wired with no issues. Have you rebooted the Xbox's since setting the router up? Rebooting the Xbox's will refresh there network settings.
Message 3 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

The  only thing i am have the problem with is the wired xbox everthing else is wireless. I fine it very strange that the only wired device is the one causing the problem

Message 4 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is likely the ethernet cable itself (try another if you have one). It could be the ethernet port on the Xbox also. If you connect wirelessly only that Xbox has the issue been resolved?
Message 5 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice but i highly doubt it as it only started to happen when i upgraded to this router. I don't get disconeted when playing it's only when the xbox is off over night

Message 6 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try:
Different ethernet cable
Connecting via WiFi
If the Xbox is using Instant On, disable that and see if it continues
Message 7 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

I pay for 100MB and i have screen shoted the other stuff 

Message 8 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

I am turning the xbox of by the controller  and the xbox is set up for instant on. I can be on and off the xbox all day with no problems then when i wae up in the morning i get no iternet to the xbox 

Message 9 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you set it to energy saving do you get the same issue?
Message 10 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

I don't know  but it shound not make a differance as the only thing i have changed is the router never had this problem befor i got this router

Message 11 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you see if that fixes the issue please. If it does then it indicates Instant On isn't connecting with the router from sleep for some reason.
Message 12 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's what I want to double check, then we can get the Devs involved to see why that's occurring.
Message 13 of 26
Kirill83Rus
Aspirant

Geo Filter not working in Russian on Xbox One absolutly.Why????????
Message 14 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Kirill, could you make a new topic for your issue please as these two issues are unrelated.

Also just quickly it depends on what game you're playing and where their servers are located, you may need to expand your radius to encompass more of Europe.
Message 15 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay i wanted to give it a couple of days to see if it worked putting it in energy saving mode seems to have sorted it out. I did not won't to conect wirelessly wired is allways best i was told

Message 16 of 26
XRaptor29
Luminary

Yes wired is preferred for gaming. Are you running an Xbox Insider build?
Message 17 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

i don't know how can i tell

Message 18 of 26
XRaptor29
Luminary

It's something you sign up for. Since you don't know, more than likely you're not on an insider build. I was curious if it needed to reported as a bug or not.
Message 19 of 26
crj83
Aspirant

i do get xbox insider stuff 

Message 20 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great thanks for letting us know that it resolved your issue. It could be related to the power mode but could be related to Xbox Insider as well, every time I used it I had crazy bugs
Message 21 of 26
coolguy949
Apprentice

This sounds like the same issue we have had with the R7800 since the beginning. Maybe now that NG is advertising this as a "pro" gaming router, they will finally deal with it. I assume many customers will continue to encounter the problem. The issue seems to be tied to the Instant On mode on the xbox. If you look at the router's LAN lights, you'll see that the xbox alternates frequently between 10/100 and gigabit link speeds when it's off using this mode. I beleive the constant switching causes the switch to crash or lock up while wireless continues to work. I moved my xbox to a separate gigabit switch connected into the router and it fixed it for me.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7800-Loses-wired-internet-connection-but-wi...

Message 22 of 26

Very helpful: I have been on another topic thread about total internet drops. My xr500 router, sometimes multiple times a day but usually once overnight, loses connection with my modem. I have received many tips from this thread & spent countless hours on phone with NG support. I left my Xbox disconnected from xr500, and you guessed it, no internet router drops!
I’ll try the instant on adjustment next. Maybe a 2nd switch. Thx!
Message 23 of 26
CBayes
Aspirant

I have the same issue, all devices that I have connected wired have issues and all wireless devices are fine. I have to restart my router and the issue resolves until the next couple of days when I try to log back in. This issue is on all wired devices not just my 2 consoles, anyone have any advice?
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 24 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you set up IP address reservations for your consoles? 

My XR450 went online today with my two XB1s, both wired. NAT Filter set to OPEN. IP address reserved at 192.168.1.198 and 199. DHCP IP address pool set for 100 thru 200. 

DNS Quad 1 and 9

@CBayes wrote:
I have the same issue, all devices that I have connected wired have issues and all wireless devices are fine. I have to restart my router and the issue resolves until the next couple of days when I try to log back in. This issue is on all wired devices not just my 2 consoles, anyone have any advice?

Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7