× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500 + xr1000 cant connect ps4 to ps5

brianharvey1
Aspirant

xr500 + xr1000 cant connect ps4 to ps5

i have a xr500 upstairs connected to a ps4 a xr1000 downstairs connected to a ps5.

ps4 + ps5 have nat type2.

xr500 has hybrid vpn xr1000 no vpn.

can connect to voice chat on psn (after switching from spectator mode and allowing player then to filter mod) but cant connect in game for family gaming nat type2.

i have not changed any setting's other than the vpn.

any help would be greater.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500 + xr1000 cant connect ps4 to ps5

NAT type 2 doesn't necessarily suggest there's a problem, but if you're seeing a moderate/strict NAT in game then it's worth looking into. Could you confirm that this is the case?

Are you able to connect to a game if you disable filtering mode in Geo-filter? Similarly, are you seeing this issue on both the XR500 and the XR1000 or is this issue just limited to one?

Message 2 of 9
brianharvey1
Aspirant

hi.

yes i am seeing a moderate/strict NAT in game when geo-filter is on but can conect when geo-fiter is off.

now the geo-filter is not showing anything on spectator mod or filter mode(xr500) tryed removing ps4 from netgear router flushing cloud restart nothing.

this os is one of the worst i have seen spent hours online loking for sulotions but nothing works for me.

geo-filter works then dose not with no changes i have spent over £500 on these routers for a gaming setup for filtiring.

i am at an end with this.

Message 3 of 9
brianharvey1
Aspirant

ok so i have now factory reset xr500 set up dmz for ps4 and ps5 is the same on xr1000.

now the geo-filter is working.

when i connect ps4 to ps5 in party chat with geo-filter in spectator mod it connects then i allow the players on the allow list no problems.

when geo-filter is on filter mod i get cannot perform voice chat due to network failure even though it shows the ps4 as allowed?

this is all before i start a game.

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There will be something blocked on the map when it doesn't work, whatever that is allow it and it will work
Message 5 of 9
brianharvey1
Aspirant

ok i can now connect to voice chat with filter mode on.

this is the problem i am having when in game i cannot connect ps4xr500 to ps5xr1000

still get connection error nat type may be to strict?

nat 2 on ps4 and ps5.

any ideas on how i can change nat type through the routers to get nat1?

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you trying to connect the two routers together to play on the same team or against each other? Impossible to get NAT 1 unless you're connected direct to the modem - NAT type 2 is fine. I'd recommend you put the XR1000 in AP mode and then all devices connected to it will appear as though they are connected to the 500 and can be controlled by it
Message 7 of 9
brianharvey1
Aspirant

i can now connect the ps5 to the ps4 in game on the same team.

but have to have ping set to 10ms but because of that any other players can join.

what i am trying to do is get me ps5 an 2 friends on my team my son ps4 and 2 of his friends on his team and play against each other.

this is on destiny2 in glory pvp but cant match against each other due to having to set ping assist on which matches us against random teams.

any help?

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can't match against each other using the router, that's not the purpose of the router, there may be other methods out there to help you do that
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7