× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500

moreproblems
Follower

xr500

got a xr500 router  connected pppoe with centurylink modem.  even got the extender for it.

Since then, my surface pro behaves sooo slowww.  xboxone s won't hold a connection to ea servers.  I pad is slow.  I thought netgear was the way to go?  

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: xr500

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the XR and the extender? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What Mfr and model extender did you install?

Does the xbox and surface work well with out the extender installed?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Disable MIMO and HT160 on the XR router...

I had my XR450 installed and a EX7700 40 feet at the other end of the house. Great coverage and performance. However my xbox is always wire connected.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr500

Also make sure you haven't been too restrictive with your QoS settings. If you set Anti-Bufferbloat too low you will be limiting your bandwidth. This guide will get it setup optimally for you: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-...

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7