× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr500

JCHAP39
Tutor

xr500

router requires a password reset every time i log in. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: xr500

What firmware are you on?

What modem are you connected to? 

Does it do it on all devices or is it specific to a certain device?

have you tried different browsers?

I've read of other routers having issues with certain special characters, have you tried avoiding special characters or switching which ones you use?

Message 2 of 6
JCHAP39
Tutor

firmware is current version

modem is provider issued, not the problem however i checked, plus system was working well until i reset router to factory, I reset due to haveing issues with Netgear ready nas, have 2 units installed.(104,204) which are connected to a nighthawk switch S8000, which is connected to xr500 via cable. i set nighthawk, 104, and 204 to static connections. did this due to back up program could not locate back up location, dns reassigning.  lost all data when i thought i had to reset them as well, lesson learned. 

yes i have tried different browsers

so this is where im at now, I have the xr500 working 🙂  apparently it did not like my old password anymore, it was not formatted to its likeing or recommendations. it had worked since i first set it up with no issues. solved by resetting password the way it wanted. which should not of been a issue.

still having issues getting the 104,204, up and running, cannot access them thur the router(xr500). I can access the switch but not the nas systems. see image,  this is what i get. on all browsers I can access them thur my lap top directly however. 

thanks for responding 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Can you access the NAS's if you plug them directly into the router? 

Message 4 of 6
JCHAP39
Tutor

i think i have it sorted.

to answer your question  yes

what i have found is that my set up had to be changed. why i dont know  it worked fine for the last year.

had to change  card links, had eth0 and eth1 linked in nas, also had nighthawk ports linked, to match

now they are seperated and i have access to both systems. i also reserved ip's in xr500 instead of making ip's static in the units, ie switch,

nas 104 and 214 

i appreciate your response, not sure why i had to change the settings it cost me a lot of time as well as my files   

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Sorry you had to go through so much but I'm glad to hear you got it working!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7