× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr700 10gb sfp+ configuarion wan or lan

jtabaco
Follower

xr700 10gb sfp+ configuarion wan or lan

I am in the process of getting 2gb up/down from my isp

They are providing a Juniper ACX2100 as the handoff. It has 2x sfp+ ports 1 to take the sm feed fiber and the second to disdribute to my network.

I bought the xr700 because I saw the sfp+ could be configured as the wan port and orginally was going to be limited to 1gb to all devices. 

Now I will have a 4port 10gb sfp+ switch

I am hoping to connect the juniper to the switch and my one pc that has a 10gb nic

I would like to connect my switch to the xr700 but because I want it to be the router for my whole network I am not sure how to configure the sfp+ port.

If I configure as WAN then is their still a way for it to do nat, dhcp etc back through the switch?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: xr700 10gb sfp+ configuarion wan or lan

Please review the user manual for the XR700:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR700/XR700_UM_EN.pdf

Page 33 mentions specifying either the WAN RJ45 port or the SPF+ port on the XR700. 

You'll need to check with the SPF devices Mfrs support page and support site on how to configure that device. 

@jtabaco wrote:

I am in the process of getting 2gb up/down from my isp

They are providing a Juniper ACX2100 as the handoff. It has 2x sfp+ ports 1 to take the sm feed fiber and the second to disdribute to my network.

I bought the xr700 because I saw the sfp+ could be configured as the wan port and orginally was going to be limited to 1gb to all devices. 

Now I will have a 4port 10gb sfp+ switch

I am hoping to connect the juniper to the switch and my one pc that has a 10gb nic

I would like to connect my switch to the xr700 but because I want it to be the router for my whole network I am not sure how to configure the sfp+ port.

If I configure as WAN then is their still a way for it to do nat, dhcp etc back through the switch?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7