× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr700

someguy28
Aspirant

xr700

so ive been having problems with my router dropping about every five mins for about three seconds then comes right back ive been looking all over the place..... forums and stuff the only thing that ive found that has seemed to work is       (((((((switching to a static ip im not very tech swavy when it comes to routers and all that so im not really sure what that did for me)))))          and if it really did fix my problem lol i play rocket league and when your high rank and this is happening u feel silly when it does mid game im to worried to test it and its everything that drops my pc xbox at the same time if i run wifi i still have it as well i ve seen down grading firmware ive seen disable geo ive seen the ip idea thats what i did and havent had it happen for about 45 mins now so i might be in the clear but i guess what im getting at here is has anyone figured this dop problem out or should i keep trying to look around on a fix also what does static ip do lol thank you

Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you say you've done a static IP, in Internet Setup and this has fixed it? All it does it prevents the ISP modem/router giving your router a different IP address. Downgrading to the launch firmware has seemed to resolve most people's issue with this.
Message 2 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

i was wrong it didnt fix it ....it did how ever make it to where it wasnt so often..... it happens less freqeunt thats for sure but how do i down grade the firm where to see if this works for me 

Message 3 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can download the firmware from here. Then you just need to go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and then click browse and upload the .img file from the zip file here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20
Message 4 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

thank u has any figured out why its happening though idk if it sounds silly but i hooked the modem charter provided to me and am using the xr700 now i had one drop about an hour ago but havent had one since static ip as well before it was very freqeunt 

Message 5 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

after i upload this version do i need to do anything else or is that like a reboot or anything 

Message 6 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The downgrade will likely resolve it for you. It reboots itself as part of the upgrade/downgrade process so no need to. Update the firmware and wait for the page to refresh which will indicate the downgrade has completed successfully.
Message 7 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

didnt work for me not sure why i need to figure this out 

Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@someguy28 wrote:

so ive been having problems with my router dropping about every five mins for about three seconds then comes right back ive been looking all over the place..... forums and stuff the only thing that ive found that has seemed to work is       (((((((switching to a static ip im not very tech swavy when it comes to routers and all that so im not really sure what that did for me)))))          and if it really did fix my problem lol i play rocket league and when your high rank and this is happening u feel silly when it does mid game im to worried to test it and its everything that drops my pc xbox at the same time if i run wifi i still have it as well i ve seen down grading firmware ive seen disable geo ive seen the ip idea thats what i did and havent had it happen for about 45 mins now so i might be in the clear but i guess what im getting at here is has anyone figured this dop problem out or should i keep trying to look around on a fix also what does static ip do lol thank you

Message 9 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

im sorry im a bit in over my head im a noob for sure with this ive never really understood much like all that i know simple stuff though     so as far as i know i have all the cables my isp provided coax wise then i had purchased higher speed internet and i got the router them modem the gave me was a (arres) never heard of it to be honest i got a netgear modem but they told me its not compatible with my service so i just use theres        i use charter 

Message 10 of 14
someguy28
Aspirant

also net gear support had absolutely no idea about this router they kept transfering me tell they said i was being transferd to a senior tech        -__- didnt  offer anything now im to expect a call between 24 and 48  hours from this guy i didnt even recieve a call today when they said i would **bleep**in a dude i dont wanna return this router but what else is there 

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you find a sticker on the Arris modem and see if there is a model# or if there is a model# branding anywhere on the case? 

Message 12 of 14
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Could you also reconfirm which firmware version you have installed on the XR700? If you click the 'i' icon in the top right corner of DumaOS it will show you

Message 13 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7