× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr700

Danny80916
Luminary

xr700

So today I went out and bought a new xr700 from microcenter. I was wondering is there a beta firmware I can test with it.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 33

Accepted Solutions
Danny80916
Luminary

Re: xr700

I have had that firmware for almost two weeks now I have been having issues with auto ping and Traffic boxs loading Have tried different browers have tired resetting and have done official firmware download and install once more have factory reset I also started having issuies with wifi turning on and off randomly now

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 33

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing as of yet. You might contact NG support to see if there is. NG doesn't post information on when FW updates are forth coming. 

Message 2 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

As Furry said - there’s no beta at yet. At Netduma we’re busy working on our next milestone, so you’re in between firmwares at the moment.
Message 3 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

Its all good I had to return router a bit ago. The UI became usable and kept freezing nonstop called netgear to try to troubleshoot it tech said there not able to, that i  needed a higher level tech to troubleshoot and that the lv 3 tech was gone till Tuesday. No amount of reboots and pushing the reset button on the back of the router would bering it back to life. Now I have to wait over a week for the next one to come in the mail.

Message 4 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

netgear support is such a joke tho to bad netduma did not partner with asus or linkys.

Message 5 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that. A potential solution would have been to clear your browser's cache/cookies and then let it cache the interface again, that should speed it up. Try that if it happens again.
Message 6 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

I did that and did another browser also tried another computer wireless lan and wifi and tried to use an IPad also. also ran cmd for ipconfig to get the Ip addres tired to go to the ip adress also along with the /debug page nothing would work. Its like it bricked while updating It ran great for a bit till it went to update.

Message 7 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Were you getting any errors that appeared or was it just slow and not doing anything?
Message 8 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

just would not do anything chrome and edge would just time out after like 10 minutes I unplugged it for awhile I held the back of the reset at different lengths from 1 second to a minute nothing would Bering up the Interface
Message 9 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay well let us know if you get the issue again and we can try to narrow it down
Message 10 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

Got my new xr700 in the mail , so far so good its up and running .

Message 11 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

So I ran into a slight  " Glitch " my wifi lights on the router have stopped working I have reset and restarted not sure why they went out, all other lights are on and flashing . wifi is enabled also held the wifi button to try to restart it also. Its no big deal but kinda weird.

Message 12 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

So it is a glitch for sure after some trail and error I figured out what caused it and how to make it happen again. If turn your leds to disable blinking then you go to change wireless channels it knocks the lights out 100% on the wife lights. If turn Led back to blinking then disabled again they turn back on.

Message 13 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Good catch, I assume WiFi still works even if the lights are out?
Message 14 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

Yes the wifi still works when lights are out.

Message 15 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thats great news so purely aesthetic. I'll pass it on to the team regardless but it's unlikely to be a prioritized bug to fix.
Message 16 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

Its all good. I am really enjoying the xr700 over the xr500. I have had the xr500 since the first day it came out .

Message 17 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

I ran into something weird tonight I have restarted the router and xbox .My xbox is hardwired in on port 3 on the back of the router. When looking at QoS xbox is no longer making the high priority traffic to light up.

Message 18 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

Another strange thing is in device manger some of my devices are showing up with 1-2 ips each.

Message 19 of 33
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

That's strange - did you change the LAN IP recently?

Can you delete any of the devices with two IPs from your Device Manager?

Worst case, the solution here would be to factory reset. So please do this if you have not been able to clear the messages: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Message 20 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

No I did not and I can't delete them for some reason it just gives a error.

Message 21 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using a WiFi extender by any chance or something behind the router to extend the network?
Message 22 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

so I have sb8200 cable modem hocked up to the xr 700 sfp+ port , then s8000 nighthawk switch on port 1 and 2, then I have a xr500 running off port 3 it has like 100ft lan cord. The xr500 is on the top floor of the house as a AP, then  I have a ex7000 nighthawk extender in another room that is basically just for lan it has the wifi off on it. the extender is wifi connected to the xr500.

Message 23 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay wow thats quite an involved setup. It makes sense then that a device will have 2 IPs then if it connected to the extender but also directly to the router or one of the other devices at some point. So nothing to worry about on that front.

In regards to the Xbox where is that connected in the setup?
Message 24 of 33
Danny80916
Luminary

So after playing around with some settings for awhile some how My xbox ended up with more then one Ip address also. Thats what caused the problem I went in and made a static for xbox so far it seems like the QoS light is on again.

Message 25 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7