× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xr700

boombox8998
Aspirant

xr700

I want to plug in my pc into the xr700 using ethernet cable but the modem is in another room. Fot the xr700 to be connected to wifi does it need to be plugged directly into the modem or can they connect wirelessly. Is this possible?

Thanks 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: xr700

Running a long ethernet cable would definitely work and speeds wouldn't be disrupted, I ran mine along the skirting boards and under the doors and I barely notice it. Trouble with getting a powerline adapter is you can't really tell what your wiring is like until you try it, if it works then speeds may be reduced.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
UK_Wildcats
Apprentice

Must be a wired connection 

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The XR700 has to be connected to the modem via ethernet as mentioned above. If your house has good internal wiring then you could use a power line adapter to extend the wired network and plug it in that way. If like me your wiring isn't great then I would recommend you run a long ethernet cable between them.
Message 3 of 5
boombox8998
Aspirant

what do you reccomend trying out and buying a powerline adaoter if so any reccomendations or run a long ethernet cable throught the house?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Running a long ethernet cable would definitely work and speeds wouldn't be disrupted, I ran mine along the skirting boards and under the doors and I barely notice it. Trouble with getting a powerline adapter is you can't really tell what your wiring is like until you try it, if it works then speeds may be reduced.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7