× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: yealink W52P not working when connected to my xr500

PieCaptain
Guide

yealink W52P not working when connected to my xr500

Hi, I'm having trouble with my yealink W52P  DECT phone when connected to my XR500. at the moment, i have it working by connecting it directly to my ISP modem (which is in router mode, I previously had it in modem mode). 
but i just cannot get it to work via my XR500, is there any troubleshooting i can do i investigate this?

Why not just leave it this way you ask? well, hybrid VPN doesn't seem to want to connect with this configuration 😞

I've talked to my SIP provider and while connected to the XR500, they get no signalling from the device at all, i figure it's a firewall type issue and have forwarded every port mentioned on the device's browser interface to the phone, but still registration fails. 

I've disabled SIP ALG and checked the MTU.

I'm not sure what else to do!

Thanks in advance!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having this issue! I would also recommend disabling IGMP Proxying in WAN Settings. If that doesn't work disable QoS completely in Anti-Bufferbloat options, does that resolve it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having this issue! I would also recommend disabling IGMP Proxying in WAN Settings. If that doesn't work disable QoS completely in Anti-Bufferbloat options, does that resolve it?
Message 2 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

I did try disabling IGMP, but I have not tried disabling QOS. Will try that!

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

Disabling QOS did the trick!

I even re-enabled SIP ALG and IGMP and the phone still registers.

do you know why it doesn't work with QOS?
Is it fixable?

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that’s good news. Could you reenable QOS and then disable Traffic Prioritisation and see if it works then as that might be the part that’s affecting it.
Message 5 of 7
PieCaptain
Guide

That also worked! Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay great to hear that, so instead keep DumaOS Classified Games disabled and add any game devices with the console service and you can still benefit from the feature.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7