× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ASUS XG-C100C 10gbe connected to Synology via GS810EMX

DreadDK
Aspirant

ASUS XG-C100C 10gbe connected to Synology via GS810EMX

Hey
First I am not an expert in setting up advanced networks at all.

Since I have a Nighthawk SX10 Model GS810EMX I thought it was about time to take advantage of the two 10Gbe port on the switch,
so I bought a Asus XG-C100C so I can get a bit more speed to my Synology Nas, I know it doesn't have a 10Gbe port, so i Bond the four 1 Gigabit ports in (LACP) I did this by following this guide How-do-I-set-up-a-LAG-between-a-GS810EMX-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Switch-and-a-Synology-NAS  But I only get 1 Gigabit speed about 100-110MB/s ;(

I have try this Fix/Guide did not work.

Here are the different settings

yI7EWzNtDk131Qo2Wksp1AaK8lij

hope there is someone who can help me make it work

Model: GS810EMX|10 Port Nighthawk 10-Multigigabit Uplinks Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

@DreadDK wrote:
So a small side question Is it even possible to make it work like one 4GbE speed at all for 1 client?

I don't think so, no. (Leaving the special case of a direct back-to-back connection without a switch alone.)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

You need multiple clients (with different MAC addresses) to take an advantage of the LAGed ports - four LAGed ports do not make one 4GbE equivalent.

Discussed and explained - along with probably hundreds of similar threads on the Q..., S... or ReadyNAS communities -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Insight-Managed-Smart-Cloud/10G-and-LACP/m-p/1730830

Message 2 of 5
DreadDK
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer

I didn't know what direction I should look to get my answer and I thought it was more straightforward to make it work.

So a small side question Is it even possible to make it work like one 4GbE speed at all for 1 client?
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@DreadDK wrote:

I don't think so, no. (Leaving the special case of a direct back-to-back connection without a switch alone.)

Message 4 of 5
DreadDK
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply

I will wait a bit more before i upgrade my network at least until I have more devices to take advantage of the speed so it will make more sense to do the upgrade.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7