× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Any benefit in getting a Nighthawk S8000 with a XR500 router?

Alaska18
Follower

Any benefit in getting a Nighthawk S8000 with a XR500 router?

Hi guys, I have ordered an XR500 router and I also need an ethernet switch for my wired connections.

The setup will have my PC, PS4 and some other devices wired to a switch and several laptops, smartphones, streaming devices etc. on the WiFi. I was wondering if there is any benefit in getting a S8000 switch or if the router is best left to deal with device prioritisations and I should get a regular gigabit switch instead?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router, S8000| GS808E Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 2
SiD3bAr
Aspirant

Re: Any benefit in getting a Nighthawk S8000 with a XR500 router?

If you already have a router, then all you need is the switch and if you don't have a router, get the XR500. I have 2ms ping 1gig dedicated unshared fiber ONT with Verizon FiOS G1100 router so I got the $59.99 S8000 switch (New), updated it to the latest firmware and applied Gaming preset using port 1/CAT7. Never lag again playing bo3/bo4. If you get a twitchy moment, it only lasts a second but that's because of Activision/Blizzard servers. 😉
Model: S8000| GS808E Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7