× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extreme Packet Loss coming from Router through all Ethernet ports while gaming AC1750 R6700v3

Illicit21
Tutor

Extreme Packet Loss coming from Router through all Ethernet ports while gaming AC1750 R6700v3

Hello all,

In the past month I have had an issue occur with my R6700v3 where packet loss will occur.  It started on warzone randomly, packet loss up to 100% and then onto CSGO upwards of 60%. Latency does jump as well but lagging occurs mostly when the packet loss starts climbing. I was running the most up to date firmware 1.0.4.98 but was told to fall back to 1.0.3.66 due to its stability. Someone else I spoke to on the forum mentioned it would be best. This has all been happening on a wired ethernet connection, right from the router to my PC. 

Even after going back to 1.0.3.66 I am still getting packet loss.  It happens randomly, and not all the time, but usually when gaming. At least thats when it can be seen. 

After finding the packet loss I ran a few programs that gave me little information, I decided to just go to the source and just testing wires. All outgoing ethernet wires have the packet loss. (Router --> PC/Laptop via ethernet) I tested each with a cat 6 wire to make sure they all had the same reading. I then unplugged the wire coming from the modem to my router and plugged that directly into my laptop(Modem wire --> Laptop via ethernet) (which showed packet loss when connected to the router ethernet). When it was plugged into the modem there was no packet loss.  I even went the extra mile and plugged in my old router to the modem and let it do its old job. I have had 0 packet loss since plugging it in.(Old router --> PC via ethernet, no packet loss now) I want to get the R6700v3 up and working again but feel like if I contact support and they have to troubleshoot they will try to charge me for support and then charge me again for shipping the item in/back out. Even though I know it the router that is causing the packet loss. 

I have done the following to try and fix/troubleshoot the issue since my support ran out awhile ago. (Purchased in December 2019)

Reset the router

Flushed my DNS

Updated Firmware

Changed QOS for gaming/streaming

Ran Router ethernet cable to PC (Showed packet loss)

Ran modem ethernet cable to PC (Showed no packet loss)

Removed all other devices from the router network and tested from router to PC (still showed packet loss)

Tested with secondary PC wired to router ethernet (showed packet loss)

Tested incoming ISP traffic from Modem (No packet loss occuring)

Used an old router for testing (showed no packet loss)

I have done many things to try and solve this issue, but it still occurs. Does anyone know of anything else that can be done to try and resolve this issue?  Or am I out of luck and have to go through the RMA (warranty) process/pay for support process. 

Please let me know if you need any pictures or outputs of programs i can run to help. Thank you in advance for the help.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7