× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS808E - Nighthawk S8000 Switch fastest speeds between 150-300 mgbs Download

Chrisenvoy
Aspirant

GS808E - Nighthawk S8000 Switch fastest speeds between 150-300 mgbs Download

Hey all,

I spent the last three days trying to figure this out using the netgear forums, reddit, and other messageboards all with no luck. I just got a Nighthawk S8000 switch and have been unable to get higher than 300 megs(often between 150-200) download. 

My information:

• CM1000 Modem
  • R8000 Router
  • S8000 Switch
  • Gigabit Internet service (Xfinity/Comcast)
  • PC has a gigabit compatible port for ethernet

My modem gets the gig speeds when directly connected to my PC. When I connect my modem to my router, and my PC to my router, I get gig speeds. However, ever since getting this S8000 switch I can't seem to break the 150-300 meg range.

I have tried all 7 ports on the switch, I have tried 4 different cables, I updated to the newest firmware (v1.7.1.0), I have tried a factory reset via the interface, I have also tried a hard factory reset using the button on the bottom. The speeds are the same every time.

In the interface it shows the 1000M speeds on the ports when set to Auto, but those speeds are not actually being received. I have tried speedtest.net and xfinity speedtest.

I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. The speeds are showing as there, but are not being received.

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Chrisenvoy
Aspirant

Re: GS808E - Nighthawk S8000 Switch fastest speeds between 150-300 mgbs Download

I installed an earlier version of the firmware, after a hard reset, then I power cycled  the modem, router, and switch. Then restarted my PC. I am now getting the speeds!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Chrisenvoy
Aspirant

Re: GS808E - Nighthawk S8000 Switch fastest speeds between 150-300 mgbs Download

I installed an earlier version of the firmware, after a hard reset, then I power cycled  the modem, router, and switch. Then restarted my PC. I am now getting the speeds!

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7