× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have 2 Nighthawk S8000

Lighty269
Aspirant

I have 2 Nighthawk S8000

I just purchased 2 of these switches, that I want to use with my R8000.  Will I have to do anything special when configuring?

Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: I have 2 Nighthawk S8000

Start with a direct link from each S8000 port #8 (Uplink) to one R8000 switch port each.

Tell us more about the intended usage, ie. storage (NAS) with high bandwidth requirement, or one S8000 with a higher bandwidth requirement, where are gaming systems and/or media players?

PS. I guess this thread will be moved by a moderator to the "normal" Nighthawk switch forum, only the new SX10 (GS810EMX) is part of this new Nighthawk Pro gaming line. Just in case it does disappear from here...

Message 2 of 6
Lighty269
Aspirant

Did not realize posted in wrong section.

I have some gamers in the house along with a media center. Will be connecting smart TV's as well.
Message 3 of 6
BretD
Admin

It's OK to post about the S8000 Switch here in the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Forums. 🙂

Additionally, if you're using a NETGEAR SMB switch in a "Gaming" environment, you should consider posting here as well.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@Lighty269 wrote:
Did not realize posted in wrong section..

No worries. We've seen that moderator moved threads retain the previous URL, there will be an automatic redirect.

Feel free to continue and bring up related questions here.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@BretD wrote:

It's OK to post about the S8000 Switch here in the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Forums. :).

Great, thank you. Some days ago, a post referring an GS810EMX - this is the tech name of the Nighthawk SX10 - was moved away from here. You might want to bring it back to here 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7