× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect IP

P111
Luminary

Incorrect IP

Hi there. My Nighthawk was working just great until this morning when I changed the wiring around a little for my network. Powering everything back up the xswitch works just fine apart from one problem and that is that the admin page has disappeared.

I ran the Discovery Tool and it seems the Admin page has defaulted back to sub network 0, which is unfortunate becuase my network is 1.

I don't know why it is not picking up the correct subnetwork number since in fact that didn't change in all of this. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Incorrect IP

Devices connected to the S8000 switch are working as expected after picking up DHCP configs? If yes, restart (power off, power on) the switch.

The point is that the switch does not try to pick-up a DHCP config forever. If the connection to the router (DHCP server) is not available for a while, the switch does fall back to the default IP address 192.168.0.239 and stick there until reboot or a static IP is configured.  

Message 2 of 4
P111
Luminary

Oh it's OK I fixed it. I have no idea what upset it but in the end I reset it and now it works.

Message 3 of 4
P111
Luminary

I don't know why it wasn't available but it's good to know this can happen. I managed to sort it out by resetting the switch. I guess though a better course of action would have been to just leave it alone, except for the fact that I did want to change it's configuration.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7