× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Manage vlan with switch s8000 for router xr500

albert-dh
Guide

Manage vlan with switch s8000 for router xr500

ESQUEMA.jpgHello,

I want to manage the vlan of my isp with the s8000 switch but I cannot configure it correctly. Can somebody help me? The problem that I have is that the qos in upload does not work in XR500 if the router manages the vlan.

The vlan of my isp is VLAN: 6 priority: 1

Please, if someone knows the solution, I would appreciate if you could give me the instructions step by step. Thanks a lot.

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

802.1q Advanced Mode, then

• Create VLAN 6 (give it an informative name)
  • Put up two port into the VLAN 6, one [T]agged (towards the ONT), one [U]ntagged (towards the router)
  • Change these two port PVID from 1 to 6 (resp. select the created VLAN 6 as the PVID)
  • Remove the two ports from any other VLANs using [E]xclude all.

• Don't forget to set a fixed IP for the switch so it can be managed from the LAN on another port.

Not much idea about the effective issue you try to make workable - from a router view, the PPPoE does change much more on a system and the stack than just the tagging. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

802.1q Advanced Mode, then

• Create VLAN 6 (give it an informative name)
  • Put up two port into the VLAN 6, one [T]agged (towards the ONT), one [U]ntagged (towards the router)
  • Change these two port PVID from 1 to 6 (resp. select the created VLAN 6 as the PVID)
  • Remove the two ports from any other VLANs using [E]xclude all.

• Don't forget to set a fixed IP for the switch so it can be managed from the LAN on another port.

Not much idea about the effective issue you try to make workable - from a router view, the PPPoE does change much more on a system and the stack than just the tagging. 

Message 2 of 4
albert-dh
Guide

Hello,

thank you for your answer. This week I will try and I inform you.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
albert-dh
Guide

Hello,

today I have made your indications and it has worked so thank you a lot.

Regards

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7