× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Maximum number of members for LAG, LACP?

Euler
Aspirant

Maximum number of members for LAG, LACP?

Hi everyone, 

I can't find any info on this error message.

"Failed to add all members to port channel member limit exceeded."

I'm trying to config LACP with more than 4 ports. Is it not possible? Ideally, I'd create a LACP config with 7 ports but I keep getting the above error message.

I can't even find the proper board. Does anyone even use Netgear switch for link agg?

Thanks for any help.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

On a GS108Tv2 with eight GbE ports more than four LAG members don't make sense in real world, isn't it?

For Netgear Smart Managed Plus switch models -> Smart / Plus / Click-Switches

Message 2 of 4
Euler
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. 

It's for a home webserver. I'm trying to increase bandwidth and reliability. So more is better, no? I guess I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a LACP network interface with 7 LAG members. Or is 4 the maximum that this switch can do? 

Maybe this isn't the best switch for my purposes? 

Can anyone recommend a switch that will serve the purpose of creating a LACP network interface with many LAG members?

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The LAGs are adding both reliability and bandwidth. To bring your Web server bandwidth to other systems on the network or the Internet, you need about the same bandwidth, so e.g. a LAG with three or four port members for the Web server, and a LAG with three or four members to connect to the "outer" space where the Web server is accessed. The seven+one idea don't make any real sense

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7