× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Switch no longer connects to the internet

gagetaylor11
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Switch no longer connects to the internet

I have had my switch for some time now and has been working wonders. I have had no problems with it up until a couple days ago when i had realized that none of my devices connected to the switch had been receiving any signal from it. I have tested the ethernet that runs from my router to my switch and can confirm that the ethernet is not the problem. I have attempted to manually reset my switch but it has not given me any luck. I have even connected the switch to my computer and my computer was not able to detect said switch. On the switch itself all of the leds are a solid constant blue, both when nothing is plugged in and when something is plugged in. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any help would be appreciated.

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Switch no longer connects to the internet

Start with a factory reset - FMI https://netgear.com/support -> NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch GS808E User Manua... p.86 ff. Use the RESET Button to Reset the Switch 

Following this you might have to discover and re-configure again. 

In case this does not bring your switch back to life, these switches are coming with a three year hardware warranty. Head to Contact NETGEAR Support and follow "Replace my defective product".

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7