× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk S8000 capping speed at 100Mbps. Please help

jgarcia95020
Initiate

Nighthawk S8000 capping speed at 100Mbps. Please help

Hi everyone.  My first time posting here and Im hoping for some answers.  I have Spectrum High Speed, 400Mbps Down/20Mbps up.  I purchased the S8000 about 2 months ago. Since getting it, about every other week the S8000 seems to cap my download speeds to 100Mbps.  When I run a speed test, I wont get speeds over 100Mbps when this happens over ethernet, but my wifi speeds, which is connected via Google Wifi will get almost full speed.  It doesnt matter which device I use, it happens on all ports. When I run a speed test thru the Google Wifi App it shows full speed of 400Mbps (Actually slightly over) which seems to indicate its the switch with the problem.  Once I reset the switch by either unplugging it or restarting it in the web interface I get full speed over ethernet again.  Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening?  I would greatly appreciate it.  

Oh, and by the way, I have the switch on 1.7.0.6 firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Model: S8000| GS808E Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried a new Cat 6 cable and made sure your ethernet drivers are up to date on that pc?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
jgarcia95020
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion. I dont think that is the issue because I do get full speeds most of the time, but then suddenly after a week or so the speeds will drop to 100Mbps again.  Once I reset my switch, either using the network interface or by unplugging it, my speeds return to normal til it happens again.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7