× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question About Netgear and exchanging new hardware for other hardware??

b1ggjoe
Apprentice

Question About Netgear and exchanging new hardware for other hardware??

Team, 

A few months ago, I purchased the Netgear Nighthawk S8000 8-Port Gaming Switch from Amazon, for about $99 or so (I have proof-of-purchase).

Unfortunately, I made a mistake and didn't read enough of the product information. I thought that I was buying a 'Managed' or 'Smart' switch.

It does contain some cool features, like QoS and Port Prioritization, Link Aggregation and so on, which was probably the reason that I got confused.

Anyway, I now realize that this is not a 'Smart' switch and I cannot use it to support VLANs and etc.

Unfortunately, since I purchased this from Amazon in February, it's passed the time that Amazon will allow me to return/exchange the product. As I said, I purchased this for about $99 and can provide the 'proof-of-purchase' from Amazon if necessary.

I was on Amazon again earlier this evening, then I noticed this bad boy:

NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection (GS108Ev3)

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Gigabit-Lifetime-Protection-GS108Ev3/dp/B00M1C0186/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8...

It looks like this goes for about $43 on Amazon.

Since my Netgear Nighthawk S8000 8-Port is still in the box, BRAND-NEW, and has not been opened and it was purchased for about $99, would it be possible for Netgear to provide me with a NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch in exchange for my Netgear Nighthawk S8000 8-Port? 

Especially if they go for about $43 and my S8000 cost more than twice that amount for $99?

Please advise and thank you!!

BJ

Message 1 of 4
b1ggjoe
Apprentice

Re: Question About Netgear and exchanging new hardware for other hardware??

Hello,

Would it be possible for someone on the Netgear Staff to assist me with this question?

Thanks!

BJ

@FURRYe38

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact @DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi b1ggjoe,

Thank you for posting your question but we are not able to exchange the device for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Jason N

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7