× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: S8000 Blows up my network

n777bh
Follower

S8000 Blows up my network

I connected the s8000 as stated in the start guide.  Port 8 to a ATT uverse cable modem/router, port 1 to an Xbox and port 2 to a smart TV.  This took down my entire wireless network., both the ATT wireless access point as well as a 'linksys wireless router.  Disconnecting the S8000 and restarting the other devices fixed the problem, but unable to use the switch.  I have been given some advice to use a different port to connect to the modem/rpouter.  I have already blown up my network 2x and spent over 2 hours with ATT internet support.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@n777bh,

As per checking in your case that the S8000 works properly now. You just isolated the issue by connecting the ethernet cable to another port of your router and it did worked. If there is any problem or issues that you are experiencing with the switch. Please let us know.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi n777bh,

Welcome to our community!

As per understanding your network that you connected the S8000 switch directly to the back of the cable modem/router. May I know first, how many ports are available in the back of the ATT uverse? Were you able to check if the DHCP is enabled and if this is working as a router? You also said that you have a 'linksys wireless router', So meaning you do have 2 private networks? Is that correct? Please enlighten us on how your network was setup. Maybe your ATT uverse is not working practically as a router and it can only provide a single IP address which is working like a modem. You could also try this setup. From the ATT Uverse > Linksys Wireless Router > S8000 - Connect the xbox and the TV.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@n777bh,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@n777bh,

As per checking in your case that the S8000 works properly now. You just isolated the issue by connecting the ethernet cable to another port of your router and it did worked. If there is any problem or issues that you are experiencing with the switch. Please let us know.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7