× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: S8000 DHCP does not work?

CreativeXtent
Aspirant

S8000 DHCP does not work?

Hey there all. This is my first post here. 🙂

So I invested in the s8000 , got home connected everything etc. Tried to follow guide, but my computer was not pulling an IP. So I figured maybe my gear is being weird. Tried 3 more devices and got nothing.
So I manually set the IP with he 192.168.0.239 and was able to get in to the switch. DHCP is on but will do nothing. And this is on any port.
Not to mention it doesn't want to use my uplink for connection at all.

Oh btw, is there a way to see the IP range I want for the DHCP ?

Thank you all
Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Appears there must be some misunderstanding. This is a pure L2 network switch, it does not offer features typically available on a router in home environments, like DHCP server, NAT firewall, ... There is just a DHCP client to get an IP address assigned to the switch while connected to a network with a DHCP server. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Appears there must be some misunderstanding. This is a pure L2 network switch, it does not offer features typically available on a router in home environments, like DHCP server, NAT firewall, ... There is just a DHCP client to get an IP address assigned to the switch while connected to a network with a DHCP server. 

Message 2 of 3
CreativeXtent
Aspirant

Thank you I did not realize that LOL.
One more question is this switch unmanaged or managed? Is there any way to configure port by port IP assignment etc
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7