× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Software update ORDER

AP514
Tutor

Software update ORDER

Software--

So, I have updated my Switch to the latest- Firmware Version  6.0.3.3.

Download section also list a MiB 6.0.3.3...will the Firmware Version have that (Mib) already in it or do I need to load this also ??

and can anyone give me a link on how to install.

Alo is there an order Software needs to be loaded in?

Thanks in advance

AP514

Model: GS728TPPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Software update ORDER

@AP514,

Its good that you have updated the firmware of your GS728TPPv2.  

Download section also list a MiB 6.0.3.3...will the Firmware Version have that (Mib) already in it or do I need to load this also ??

Also is there an order Software needs to be loaded in?

MIB stands for Management Information Base and is a collection of information which is organized hierarchically.  The various pieces of information are accessed by a protocol such as SNMP.  To learn more about MIB and SNMP, kindly read this old forum thread here.

You can use the MIB v6.0.3.3 with the NMS300 to help you configure and manage the GS728TPPv2.  To know more about the NMS300, click here

Read pages 64-71 of the NMS300 user manual here on how to use the SNMP MIB browser and how to add/remove MIB file.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
AP514
Tutor

Bump.........

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@AP514,

Its good that you have updated the firmware of your GS728TPPv2.  

Also is there an order Software needs to be loaded in?

MIB stands for Management Information Base and is a collection of information which is organized hierarchically.  The various pieces of information are accessed by a protocol such as SNMP.  To learn more about MIB and SNMP, kindly read this old forum thread here.

You can use the MIB v6.0.3.3 with the NMS300 to help you configure and manage the GS728TPPv2.  To know more about the NMS300, click here

Read pages 64-71 of the NMS300 user manual here on how to use the SNMP MIB browser and how to add/remove MIB file.  

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
AP514
Tutor

Thanks for the Reply..And after reading the link. MiB is not need for my use.

Again good info posted here..thanks

AP514

Model: GS728TPPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements