× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot acces AiMesh node connected to a Netgear GS810EMX

arthurro
Follower

cannot acces AiMesh node connected to a Netgear GS810EMX

I have an Asus RT-AX88U router and a Asus LyraMini like AP AiMesh connected to a Netgear GS810EMX switch. I cannot conect the AP like AiMesh to the router even though Asus Lyra is working fine if it's connected direct to the router on the same ethernet cable but connected through switch it's not come online even after 15 min. Any advice on the Netgear GS810EMX settings ? 

Thanks in advance Arthur

Model: GS810EMX|10 Port Nighthawk 10-Multigigabit Uplinks Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: cannot acces AiMesh node connected to a Netgear GS810EMX

No recent experience with the AiMesh system, trying anyway.

First, the GS810EMX does not deal with STP - what does create a common interference between the consumer mesh systems and any kind of managed switches (which typically have STP on by default for good reasons.

Second, it's possible the AiMesh system does initially come up with concurrent WiFi and Ethernet backhaul active, and the switch does detect a loop, shutting down the activity on the Ethernet port affected. Try to disable the Loop Prevention on the GS810EMX: Diagnostics -> Loop Prevention

Suspect this does happen when bringing up the AiMesh satellite: WiFi and Ethernet backhaul are active at boot time, while the AiMesh system does figure out the best connection (using STP) it will switch to the Ethernet backhaul, while the switch does at the same time discover the loop and shut the Ethernet port (either the one to the router, or the one to the AiMesh satellite*). So neither the wired nor the Ethernet backhaul will be workable. 

*When I have it right, the lower port number will be shutdown. Depending on what is plugged where, this might kill the access from the router/WiFi to teh GS810EMX management.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7