× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

issue with S8000

JoeCr
Aspirant

issue with S8000

Hi All,

Looking for some advice with my S8000 switch which I have had connected up for sometime but have noticed that when I stream 4K it buffers.

Currently I have around 100MB download speeds with virgin media (Superhub 3), I have ethernet from Port 1 of the hub to Port 8 of the switch. I have smart tv connected to port 3 of the switch and Xbox one X connected to port 1 of the switch. (using all QED ethernet cables)

Last night when streaming UHD movie directly via Smart tv it contantly buffered. I then disconnected the smart tv from the switch and connected to directly to Virgin Superhub port 3 and the buffering stopped so is definately something to do with the switch.

Switch software updated to version 1.7.0.7

Both port 1 and 3 on the switch have the following settings

Speed - Auto

Linked speed - no speed

in rate limit - no limit

out rate limit - no limit

flow control - off

priority - critical

Any advice would be appreciated

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 6
2pfspiff
Guide

Re: issue with S8000

Curious as to why you did not plug the 4K TV into port 2 if you are streaming.  

Message 2 of 6
JoeCr
Aspirant

The QED ethernet cable has quite wide connector casing so is very difficult to have one of these cables directly next to each other.
Message 3 of 6
2pfspiff
Guide

I wish I could help with this.  My S8000 started have problems with dropped speed so I went with the GS908 switch.  It is unmanaged so nothing to set up and now my network speed is what it should be on all devices and stays consistent.

Message 4 of 6
JoeCr
Aspirant

Thanks, 

I have also posted in the virgin media comunity to see is its a settings issue in the hub that needs to be changed (I guess maybe to push all the data to port 1)

Not really sure how it works

Message 5 of 6
Bronsons
Aspirant

Every few months, companies like Netgear release the next generation of wireless routers that promise improved bandwidth, lower latency, and less loss. Although the wireless technology we have today is significantly better than what we had last year.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7