× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: s8000

Danny80916
Luminary

s8000

Hey all I was wondering if any one else Is having problems streaming movies through the s8000 switch ? I have tried to factory reset but i am still having problems with vudu on apple tv through the switch. Firmware is up to date unless there is a beta i dont know about,

Model: S8000| Nighthawk Gaming & Streaming Switch
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Danny80916,

Kindly access and follow the suggestions in the article below:

How do I use preset modes for gaming or media streaming on my GS808E Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Stream...

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Danny80916,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Danny80916
Luminary

I still acting up even with it set to streaming plugged into port 2 . I did notice all lights are blinking nonstop for each port that has something plugged in.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Danny80916,

I did notice all lights are blinking nonstop for each port that has something plugged in.

Is it just normally blinking blue or fast blinking blue?  If all of the port LEDs are normally blinking blue, it means that traffic is detected which is normal.  Otherwise, if all of the ports being used and their corresponding port LEDs are fast blinking blue, it means that the S8000 switch detected a network loop. As reference, read pages 6-7 of the Nighthawk S8000 user manual here about the LED descriptions. 

Kindly answer the questions below:  

a. Is there another switch connected to the S8000 switch? If yes, what is the brand & model of the switch? 

b. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you post a screenshot or image of your detailed network setup. 

c. What is the current firmware version of your S8000 switch? 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7