× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1gb Spectrum with AX8

zmerk23
Follower

1gb Spectrum with AX8

I just got wifi6 ax8. Before the installation, I tested and recorded signal strength, speed with the original wireless router that Spectrum provided and compared with AX8 after the installation. Only the signal strength is a little bit better. Overall performance is reduced than the original wireless router. Does anyone know what is the issue? I am trying to figure out  Ax8 over mesh... thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: 1gb Spectrum with AX8

When you say "figure out ax8 over mesh"? Are you talking about smart connect?

Smart connect allows you to set one wireless name and the router will dynamically change what wifi band you need to be on.

This means devices that need lower bandwidth will connect to 2.4ghz and the higher throughput devices will be changed to the 5ghz band. That can be why devices on your stock perform faster as you have them always on the 5ghz. And they connect full speed at all times. 

Plus do you have the QoS on for the AX8? it can change bandwidth/speed as well to optimize service or ensure that all devices are getting decent speeds. 

There are many features with the AX8 you can play with to optimize speeds for your usage. You'll see the most benefit with the AX8 with multiple devices using it instead of just one device speedtesting it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7