× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

404 Error when clicking a link inside e-mail

gogetter100
Follower

404 Error when clicking a link inside e-mail

I recently bought the RAX120 because we plan to drop our Verizon Fioz cable.  I have connected the router to our current router box and had Verizon bridge the router/modem that they have.  I connected the RAX120 to the Verizon box.  Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT some links inside of my e-mails.  This is happending both on my mobile and computer.  If I turn off the wi-fi on my phone the links load just fine.  So that leads me back to the RAX120.  I know a little about tech stuff so need a bit of hand holding.  Any thoughts or help?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 404 Error when clicking a link inside e-mail

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gogetting100,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
rinthos
Luminary

I hate to ask this..but would it be possible for you to share one of the links? Or perhaps create an email with a link to www.yahoo.com that won't work and share that? (screenshot of your URL bar?) Perhaps there's a link that's actually safe for you to share here?

Also a few questions:

Do you have Netgear Armor enabled? (if so can you try disabling?)

Do you have Parental Controls enabled? (if so can you try disabling?)

Do you have IPv6 Enabled? (If so, can you disable them?)

Who is your ISP / did you change the DNS Server settings on your router? (for a 404 almost like you're getting redirected to a bad link...hrm..?)

Does the URL change after you click on the link? Do you have any firewall software on your PC? (BitDefender?)

@gogetter100 wrote:

I recently bought the RAX120 because we plan to drop our Verizon Fioz cable.  I have connected the router to our current router box and had Verizon bridge the router/modem that they have.  I connected the RAX120 to the Verizon box.  Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT some links inside of my e-mails.  This is happending both on my mobile and computer.  If I turn off the wi-fi on my phone the links load just fine.  So that leads me back to the RAX120.  I know a little about tech stuff so need a bit of hand holding.  Any thoughts or help?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7