× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

$500 Netgear RAX80 < $150 Linksys? Gigabit WiFi 50% slower... Netgear please help!!

$500 Netgear RAX80 < $150 Linksys? Gigabit WiFi 50% slower... Netgear please help!!

I had originally had the (apparently common) problem of WiFi not giving me full bandwidth, and within my warranty I had a support case opened where the Level 2 technician solved my issue. Something happened and I needed to reset my router and now the special settings were lost. We did it over the phone and got it sorted in like 10 mins, but no logs were put into my case file... 😞

Case#: 40913165

Gigi (Expert ID 46417)

I'm back to $500 router that only gives me 400Mbps across every channel I've tested on 5GHz.

• Wired, I get 1G
  • Tried MTU 1492 and 1500
  • QoS on, then off has no effect
  • Antennaes off, then on have no effect
  • AX is on
  • 4800Mbps on 5G = 400ish Mbps
  • 2400Mbps on 5G = 330ish Mbps
  • This is a residential neighborhood; checking channels/interference shows almost every channel available with no more than 1 other SSID on it

My friend had a spare $150 Linksys which supports 2400Mbps. I plugged this one in and I got full speed....

I've scoured these forums and now I feel like an idiot for spending so much money on a Router that won't give me performance promised.... I spent $1000 on the Modem and matching Router from Netgear just to ensure I had the best..... Netgear please help, you got me up and running before!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: $500 Netgear RAX80 < $150 Linksys? Gigabit WiFi 50% slower... Netgear please help!!

Hello idlacrosseplaye,

I can see if support can follow up on your case. If you would for me to put this request in, please send me a private message with your phone number and preferred contact time. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7