× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5G wrong Password Tried many fixes all fail

Retired_Member
Not applicable

5G wrong Password Tried many fixes all fail

Hi, I have an new replaced EX7700 Extender with latest software V1.0.0.210.  Every day or so it disconnects from my 5G router and connects to 2G.  When I try to go back to 5G it says wrong password.  I shut it off and turn it back on and it is good for another day or so.

I've seem many fixes none of them work.  I just went to my Cable company who gave me a new Arris TG3452 router and it still has the wrong password ewrror on my Netgrar Nighthawk.

Any suggestions... 

Thanks

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: 5G wrong Password Tried many fixes all fail

try installing version .206 of the firmware to the EX7700. I've read of several people with issues on the .210 firmware. 

So install 206, then do a factory reset. during the reinstall, disable auto-update. 

try that first

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks!  Found the .206 file downloaded and updated ( backdated the extender) factort reset as I was setting it up it asked for passwords for my 2G and 5G ( they are the same) and then tried to connect, came back with 5G password incorrect, I tred again and it took the 5G and I am now connected to 5G.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and see over the next few days if the issue is fixed.  Double check it did ask me to auto update a couple of time, and I've disabled auto update and it is still at the .206 file.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Hope it stays working!

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So it's now been more than two weeks and all is good.  no issue with 5G logging me out, and it no longer says wrong password.  Thanks plemans!  really apprciate this fix.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7