× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1800 RAX20. pc connected by ethernet uses the all bandwidth when downloading

cashalot
Follower

AC1800 RAX20. pc connected by ethernet uses the all bandwidth when downloading

Hi everyone,

i own a router ac1800 RAX20 since june.

it has been good till a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 pc connected through ethernet and few wifi devices.

my connection speed is between 100 and 120mbps down and 15 to 25 up.

since a couple of week when 1 pc download (game for example) it uses all the the bandwith and leave other devices (wifi or ethernet) with less than 1mbps down (basicaly nothing.

before that, the pc downloading would have the speed reducing a bit when another device needed bandwith.

i updated the router with the latest firmware version about 2 weeks ago, so my 1st thought was this firmware has a glitch like many others...

so i went back on the last firmware known working for me: 1.0.1.64, with this old firmware everything has been working well.

But now i still have the same problem.

i went to check Qos, but i can't manually change the priority, i have tried to modify from high to normal on different divices, click apply and it still on high.

It is such a problem, when the kids download games we cant even watch netflix or access anything.

anyone to help?

thanks

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AC1800 RAX20. pc connected by ethernet uses the all bandwidth when downloading

Hello cashalot,

May you perform a factory reset on your router by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds. You will need to run through the setup assistant again.

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7