× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX performance is lower than AC performance in RAX120

sathishks
Aspirant

AX performance is lower than AC performance in RAX120

AX performance is lower than AC performance

AP Firmware used Router Firmware Version V1.0.0.84

Downloading speed is very low when AP is configured in AX mode

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
HomeWiFi
Aspirant

It looks AP is not doing sounding properly in 11ax that's why 11ax download speed is not low compare to 11ac.

RAX80 is doing good in 11ac & 11ax.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
sathishks
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply @ho 

Forgot to mention earlier. Sounding issue is there with VHT also when multiple devices are doing download. But for single device download, we are getting better performance in AC compared to AX 

I have another issue for sounding >>

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/AP-is-doing-MU-MIMO-to-only-two-de...

Message 3 of 6
jrmst102
Tutor

I am returning my router. I was losing connectivity with Nest products. They asked me to manually re-install every single Nest device and open the ports individually for every single device. They said that it is because their upgraded security and because Nest is a third-party product. I am wondering; are not these routers intended for connecting third-party devices such as smartphones, smart cameras, smart TVs, etc?. 

When manually connecting the cameras, with the technical support guy on the phone, I lost the connectivity to all the smoke detectors (Nest Detect) and the security device (Nest Protect). 

Moreover, I could not reach anybody else because they told me that they were in the Philippines and it was 10 pm there (I was in the East Coast, and it was 10 am here).

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
Joeymcnew35
Guide

I had issues with my nest before I got the nighthawk rax120. It would lose connection way too much so, I took the nest thermost back and went with a windows, all is good. The problem is with nest.
Message 5 of 6
jnagator
Guide

I have RAX120 and both 2nd gen and 3rd gen nest along with 1 smoke detector. The only issue was with 2nd gen and after a RAX hard reset to defaults all has been working great for the last 3 weeks. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7