× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX1800 RAX10 as a wireless bridge

EbjImmano
Aspirant

AX1800 RAX10 as a wireless bridge

Can this router be used as a wireless bridge, making it connect to an existing wireless network through Wi-Fi, as a client, and provide access to that network to devices connected to its own ethernet ports? I'm trying to connect two NASes to my network from a position where no wired connection is available.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Check under Advanced tab/Advanced Settings for modes. You should see Router/AP and maybe Bridge (Wireless Bridge) if this model router supports it. Then try under Advanced tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings and scroll down the page towards the bottom to see if you might see a option called "Use Other Operation Mode" maybe seen here. This would be bridge mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Check under Advanced tab/Advanced Settings for modes. You should see Router/AP and maybe Bridge (Wireless Bridge) if this model router supports it. Then try under Advanced tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings and scroll down the page towards the bottom to see if you might see a option called "Use Other Operation Mode" maybe seen here. This would be bridge mode. 

Message 2 of 4
davidy
Aspirant

Is there no way to do this in the app?  I notice there is no “advanced” option anywhere in the app

Message 3 of 4
EbjImmano
Aspirant

You can’t connect with the app at all io ce the device is in bridge mode, so i would think not, no.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7