× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX4 (RAX35) router producing constant, high-pitched frequency out of the box

jriv204
Follower

AX4 (RAX35) router producing constant, high-pitched frequency out of the box

Hi all,

I got this router within the last week, updated the firmware, all the normal setup.  While the speeds are a significant improvement over my AC router, the router produces a constant, high frequency noise.

The router is still under the return period, but sadly the store I purchased from does not have any others for me to make an exchange to see if the problem persists.  And I got the item on sale, so I'd prefer to not have to return it, just to have to pay more for the same item elsewhere.

So I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced the same issues, if the noise is to be expected (if I am able to RMA the current unit, will that one have the noise as well), and in general, how you all think I should proceed.

Thanks in advance!

J

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AX4 (RAX35) router producing constant, high-pitched frequency out of the box

Hello jriv204, 

I would recommend getting in contact with our Support Team to ensure there are no issues with the hardware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7