× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX4 internet speed problem

wayneckw0812
Aspirant

AX4 internet speed problem

Hi How are you i got internet speed problem for AX40 Wifi 6

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello wayneckw0812, 

Welcome to the Community! Would you mind telling us more about your issue(s)? The more details you can provide the more we can understand and provide recommendations that can help resolve your issue(s). 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 7
wayneckw0812
Aspirant

my internet speed i test out only 58 Mps can't up more i don't know why? i use Iphone x test out. 

Message 3 of 7

@wayneckw0812 wrote:

my internet speed i test out only 58 Mps can't up more i don't know why? i use Iphone x test out. 

This tells us next to nothing.

What does "test out" mean? Test the outgoing speed? Test out the incoming speed?

How fast is your internet?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 4 of 7
Kuanwei
Aspirant

i test download speed for 42.65 upload 239.07 ping 500 and my internet speed is at&t internet 1000 1000mbps my firmware version V1.0.2.46_1.0.1 

Message 5 of 7

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router.

Having two routers on a network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 7
wayneckw0812
Aspirant

Still cant speed up 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation