× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX4300 Can only connect to 5g need 2.4

goodyrl
Aspirant

AX4300 Can only connect to 5g need 2.4

I have a new RAX45-100NAS and can only connect to 5G, I need 2.4 for a portable camera. I’ve reset the router and still can’t connect to 2.4. Any step by step instructions to get this resolved would be appreciated. I apologize in advance for being illiterate with this.
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: AX4300 Can only connect to 5g need 2.4

@goodyrl wrote:
I have a new RAX45-100NAS and can only connect to 5G, ...

Why do you think so? These devices support SmartConnect where one has only one network name (a single SSID) allowing to connect WiFi clients supporting both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands as well as to connect 2.4 GHz only WiFi clients - everything, including the physical LAN (Ethernet) ports are connecting to the very same network.

@goodyrl wrote:
I need 2.4 for a portable camera. I’ve reset the router and still can’t connect to 2.4. 

Your router does offer both the 2.4 and the 5 GHz WiFi bands on air.

The camera can connect like every other WiFi client - leaving alone that some low cost IoT makers so called discovery and installations Apps insist a mobile device (like a phone) must connect to a 2.4 GHz network - where neither any mobile maker nor or any makers of notebooks et all have the ability to select the band the clients connect to. Complain to the makers of these IoT makers and their set-up App programmers.

So what is the real problem now?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7