× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) Management Software freeze every day along with the AD7000 (R8900)

Vincy
Aspirant

AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) Management Software freeze every day along with the AD7000 (R8900)

I bought this AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) router from Costco to replace my AD7000 (R8900) which also bought from Costco.  I did the firmware updates as soon as it forced me to complete admin setup.  I then set up the router the way I wanted.  I then enabed the Access Control and noticed same problem I have encountered in R8900.  The Device Names are not showing up for most of the devices.  I then noticed, some of the device that are on the network aren't even showing up in the access control list and some of them show up in offline list.  They are connected becasue I did not enabled the Access Control at the beginning, that means when i enabled the Access Control, they are all fall under the allowed list but not showing up in the Management software.  In addition, when I try to customize the name either from N/A or Unknown, and save, at least 50% of the time, I get "router did not sent any data".  Not sure what that means but my changes weren't saved.  Furthermore, sometime I even get session timeout even though I was going between pages.  So, is that mean Access Control page has its own weird session management??? 

That was first day story. 

Next day, I wanted to setup R8900 as Wireless Bridge from the living room to connect my Media Center which includes, TV, AV Receiver, BluRay and sometime my Macbook for troubleshooting the bridged router.  So, the moment I setup the Wireless Bridge, in few minutes, i noticed that I cannot even get to AX8 managment software from any sources like Browser, Nighthawk iOS app, Windows Genie app, Mac Genie app (Mac app is keep crashing...).  The management software just freezes on me and the only way I can fix this is by powering if off and back on.  It has been like a week now, and noticed, this became a every day routine for me.  I also tried, resetting from software as well as hard reset from the reset button but none of it worked.  To ruin my peace of mind more, I also noticed that my Wireless Bridge is also freezing up.  The weird part is, from most of the devices, I can still connect to internet but not the AppleTV, it just jumps to 169, local ip address.  So, have any of you noticed this behavior with AX8 does not matter whether it is RAX75 or RAX80, I assume they both have the same management software.... unless I am mistaken? 

For R8900, I opened a few support tickets on Netgear website, the only response i got from them when I gave them the remote access to see my problem is, they do not have device to test the issue on their end!  What a marvellous support, isn't it?

Oh! forgot to mention, for most of the time, the Access Control and Attached Devices screen only show first 20 devices.  However, in the count it says, 26 devices are connected but trust me I have a few more than that on the network... and i certainly don't think Netgear QA and UAT has done any testing its full strenght of their Management Software even though they advertize it as 25+ devices... BIZARRE!!!

Just noticed on the AX8 Access control with 169 ip address and in allowed list with the non-existent mac address.  Also, noticed when all the connected devices to this bridge showing up as this mac address instead of actual device mac address.  I have R6300 and R7000 bridged wirelessly as well but they all work without this issue but this R8900 acts just like Netgear!

Allowed R8900 169.254.7.76 8C:3B:AD:B1:5D:AA

Hope, someone has some suggestions here, otherwise, i think it is now time for me to say goodbye netgear for ever...

Message 1 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Re: AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) Management Software freeze every day along with the AD7000 (R8900)

You are probably better off in this forum, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif....

Better suited for you router with other possible users.

Message 2 of 5
Vincy
Aspirant

Re: AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) Management Software freeze every day along with the AD7000 (R8900)

Thanks for the link however....

I guess netgear has problem(s) everywhere and that is absolutely unfortunate.  i bought Arlo a couple of months ago and it could not recognize my existing netgear account and forced me to create another account and now it messed up my both netgear and alro accounts!  it keep saying when i try to login that "incorrect password!"  and sometime some other message and force me to change the password but while changing it recognizes my old password and says I cannot reuse the same password.  So, if it knows that my password exist then why in the heck it does not let me in?  

Likewise, on this forum, if you click on the link "Start a New Conversation" at the top, it takes you somewhere and if you click on Create a New Discussion it takes you somewhere else.  So, I ened up posting the same thing in at least 3 different places, i believe!  

Folks at netgear, please i am begging you, test your websites, mobile apps and router management software before you publish!  Also, try free beta testing and not trying to rip off the beta testers for montly $20 subscription and not owning the device and also paying the shipping charges, that is just ridicuolous.  If i have to pay monthly suscription for years then i have to own the device...

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Vincy wrote:

I guess netgear has problem(s) everywhere and that is absolutely unfortunate.  

Unfortunately, that's very true. Amazing the RAX80/75 (or even more all AX routers) present the many different problems as seen on many different and earlier Netgear routers before. Some pintually fixed on some models (depending on the noise by customers e.g. hers in the community or in the support channels), but overall almost everything you wrote above ready more than familiar. 

So I ask again @AbhayB to take responsibility, answer your customers as long as they are our customers, and provide reasonable timeline to fix the mess all over.

@Vincy wrote:

i bought Arlo a couple of months ago and it could not recognize my existing netgear account and forced me to create another account and now it messed up my both netgear and alro accounts!  it keep saying when i try to login that "incorrect password!"  and sometime some other message and force me to change the password but while changing it recognizes my old password and says I cannot reuse the same password.

Arlo and Netgear are two complete different businesses for a longer time. When things were split, the account data from Netgear was duplicated for Arlo (conditions unknown to me - we're Arlo and Netgear customers).

Well possible you can't change the password of either a Netgear or an Arlo account to the same password as already in place.

@Vincy wrote:

Likewise, on this forum, if you click on the link "Start a New Conversation" at the top, it takes you somewhere and if you click on Create a New Discussion it takes you somewhere else.  So, I ened up posting the same thing in at least 3 different places, i believe!

"Start a new Conversation" does allow to select some community sections within the form (the Show all does oddly not show all, however the AX router section is available before), regardless from the current section. The "Create a New Discussion" does open a new thread in the current community (not somewhere else).

Message 4 of 5

This discussion has now been duplicated over here:

AX8 AX5700 (RAX75) Management Software freeze ever... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7