× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AXE11000(RAXE500) - Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router ~ Port Forwarding Error in Firmware

NetDragon1248
Initiate

AXE11000(RAXE500) - Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router ~ Port Forwarding Error in Firmware

I was just wondering if anyone could forward this issue to the engineering team as it is a major problem with the Port Forwarding feature. During my search for a solution, I have come across several posts and questions similar to mine for previous routers that were never resolved. Any solution tells them to factory reset the router, which isn't a permanent solution, just a temporary quick fix.

Here is the issue: After port forwarding a couple of ports to my devices, the router Port Forwarding page will stop displaying any ports that are already forwarded.

• The Port Services are no longer visible on page to view the ports currently in use by the customer or even let the user delete them.
  • The router's internet connection becomes very slow & unstable, where not a single device connected to my router (over 30+ devices) can mantain a steady connection for longer than a minute. When I plug in directly to my modem, it works just fine.
  • If you try to add a Port already added to the invisible list, it won't let you because it is already in use. (obviously, but just thought I would mention my proof of the "invisible" list)
  • The router's debug page also shows the CPU Load increasing sporadically from all 4 being in the 2-3% range before the error occurs, then all 4 being in the 10-20% range or even higher sometimes soon after the error happens.
  • After resetting the router, I can add the services again to the ports, but then it breaks once again before I can even finish adding them all.

As a student myself studying Computer Science, it seems to be faulty coding in the firmware when handling these port forwards that is causing an issue and I have seen similar customers online asking for help with this issue as far back as 2013 in another post on this forum. This issue seems to be a constant one in all netgear routers based on my research with no current resolution offered besides factory reseting. Could we please get a more permanent fix in the form of a firmware update? Thank you!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AXE11000(RAXE500) - Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router ~ Port Forwarding Error in Firmware

Thanks for the info I will pass this on.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: AXE11000(RAXE500) - Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router ~ Port Forwarding Error in Firmware

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the info I will pass this on.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

seems like GUI issue. Interesting to look into this.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7