× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Control

fxv300
Aspirant

Access Control

This issue is related to RAX20 AX1800 , unfortunately this is not in the list of models, so bear that in mind. I suspect the software may be identical on both units for Access Control. I raised a support ticket  yesterday and the system said I will get an email etc....  so far no acknowledgement..."No Cases found" when I visit MySupport.

So this is my issue, is this a known issue?

I have setup Access Control to block any new devices not in the allowed list. Since then I have had 3 new devices come on line. In each case the device is detected by the router and is listed as an Allowed device, it is not placed in the blocked devices. However the router does not allow the device to connect to the internet, so that mechanism works. If then I edit the device which is the allowed list and just apply, the device then can connect to the internet. I have screen shots but not sure if they are helpful. This is not a showstopper but would be great if it could be corrected.
By the way I have done a brief product review.
https://youtu.be/bEZVf8WO6C0

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
fxv300
Aspirant

RAX20 My firmware:  1.0.1.58_2.1.46.1

There is a new firmware but that was not available for my router when I checked yesterday.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fxv300,

If you recently purchased the device, I would suggest contacting our Support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
Steve_Hammer
Initiate

You need to set up static IP addresses for each device that you saved as "Allowed."
From routerlogin.net, go to Advanced > LAN Setup > Select Add.

Find the devices you allowed by their MAC address, then give them an assigned IP address.
When finsihed, you must hit Apply at bottom of page.

Message 4 of 5
fxv300
Aspirant

Thanks Steve, all sorted. 

The latest firmware fixed this. This was not available via auto update for the RAX20.

By the way on the "Reply to message" the RAX20 is not available as a model, it only picks up the RAX200.

Well pleased with the device, I have been struggling with Virgin Media routers for ages.

Have done a quick review of the RAX20

Frank

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7