× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Account password

JimTheGreek
Tutor

Account password

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with anything with router, but that question IS coming.

What I like to know, how can I change my password HERE ON THIS SITE.

Here's the situation and this is what I posted as a feedback to Netgear. Unfortunately they do not, at least I cannot find one, a link to contact them NOT concerning hardware/software.

Your password change routine should NOT check the old password for the new requirements. My old password DOES NOT meet the current requirements and I CAN log in fine, but won't allow me to change it due to old password does NOT conform to current requirements. Not very smart in Netgear's part!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Account password

Hello JimTheGreek,

May you follow the steps provided the post linked below and let us if you're able to change your password. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Help/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-Community-password/td-p/1...

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
JimTheGreek
Tutor

I know how to change, but as I said, it will NOT allow me because my old password does NOT comply with new requiremnts. Your routine should NOT chk for compliance, only for valid password.

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello JimTheGreek,

May you follow the steps provided the post linked below and let us if you're able to change your password. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Help/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-Community-password/td-p/1...

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JimTheGreek,

Thank you for getting back. May you send me a private message with your email address so I can look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7